Thursday, May 6, 2010

il y a longtemps que je t'aime

I went to see, "il y a longtemps que je t'aime" today, with my French class. I really really enjoyed it, however the blurb made it out to be as if her sister knew nothing of her crime, not that she didn't know how she'd done said crime. It was really good all the same. I really noticed the difference between American/English films and French films with this film, especially with both the actors, and the plot.
The plot was very.. bizzare in comparision to, for example, the past few films I've seen since January.
The thing that stood out to me about the actors were their imperfections. Usually in American films, no so much English, but still to some degree, the actors are made-up to an inch of their lives. Not in this case. Kirstin Scott Thomas had very unruly eyebrows, which was probably to convey something about how she didn't care about her self anymore because he son had died, and she didn't want to take care of her appearance. Or maybe they just weren't arsed.

It was a sad, but lovely film

No comments:

Post a Comment

nomnomnomnom.