Friday, May 7, 2010

Ear ear!

Read it here

A six year old boy, Ming Ming, from China, apparently fell out of his apartment window, but was saved due to his ears, yes those pieces of cupped cartilage at the side of your head, getting caught between the grate and holding him there.
As I'm terrified of heights, you can only imagine the mini-sick I had while looking at the picture. Imagine dangling eight floors from the ground? No no no, wait, imagine dangling eight floors from the concrete ground being held up by your ears?

This reminds me of a story a friend of mine once told me about how she used to sit on the balcony of the 6th floor of the flats she lived in. What's so strange about that? Oh nothing, except when I say "on the balcony" what I mean is, on the actually bar that makes the balcony. Except, her's was concrete.

When she told me this, I nearly threw up. And every time I remember it, I nearly throw up. She could've so easily fallen, and died. And still to this day, she doesn't know what possessed her to do that. Let alone regularly.

Gah! I get so easily scared!

2 comments:

  1. Cool, I think that your name, Ailish, is pretty awesome. . .nearly as awesome as Snaily. Aoife, my name, is actually irish for Eva.

    Heart your Blog, am following. <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, people call me Snailish, cos you know, Snail.. Ail.. Yeah. So, you know, Snaily...
    *is awkward*
    Thank you! You're the first one. When I'm blog famous (ha) I'll look back on this moment. :)

    ReplyDelete

nomnomnomnom.